Sunday, September 11, 2011

Blog Assignment #2

 
My best advice for a high school freshman would be to begin developing positive study habits. The quicker you begin forming good, positive study habits, the better off you will be academically. Learning is something we do throughout our lives, if we realize it or not, we learn something new each day. As people, we each have a separate way of learning, one way not quite identical to the next. Being able to fully understand a subject involves studying that certain subject. Developing positive study habits isn't something that just automatically happens, it takes time. From my own experience I can say that I made the mistake of goofing off in high school and I didn't create positive study habits. I think as incoming freshman in high school, for most, the idea of finally being in high school is overwhelming and exciting; which it should be, but sooner than we realize, with entering high school the academic choices we make begins putting us on track for our education after high school. Studying for me was one of the things I absolutely hated. From my freshman year of high school to my sophomore year, I rarely studied and I had the mindset that as long as I passed my classes everything was good. It wasn't until my junior year that I realized that "just getting by" was not good enough and by then it was almost too late. For the rest of my high school career, I struggled mostly due to the fact that I absolutely no study habits what so ever. Luckily I got my act together when I did, because if it would of been any later, I mostly likely wouldn't be here at TLU. Even as a freshman here at TLU, I'm still working to find what positive study habits work for me. The difference between the amount of studying in high school and in college is a very significant difference. Having positive study habits will help you to fully understand the material in a quicker manner than having negative or no study habits at all.

No comments:

Post a Comment